Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Book Review: Parallel Seduction by Deidre Knight


Book Review:

Parallel Seduction by Deidre Knight

Midnight Warriors series #3


I cannot believe how much I enjoy reading this series. Since I rarely read sci-fi romance, I was slightly unsure whether I would like these books when I picked the first two books in the library. However, when I settled down and started reading, I was hooked. The writing was beautiful, the characters highly sympathetic, and the plot is extremely complex but woven so expertly, it keeps me hanging and guessing.

Parallel Seduction is the third book in the series, and it’s the story of FBI linguist Hope Harper and the Refarian’s second in command Lt. Scott Dillon, characters that were introduced in the previous books. As a side note, to really get the full experience of the storyline, I would recommend to read the series in order.

Now we have Hope in the Refarian’s camp, plagued with haunting dreams of the gorgeous alien Scott Dillon and a future as his pregnant wife, while he recuperates from his injuries in the previous battle mentioned in the second book. Enter Jake Tierney, a mysterious time traveler with his own agenda and an inexplicable attraction towards Hope. Hope, turned between these two men, must allow her heart to choose while fighting her impending blindness, her weakening health and a kidnapping from their alien enemies.

Once again, Deidre Knight’s weave a story that leaves me enthralled, as I try to second-guess what would happen. She brings back other characters, most especially Jared and Kelsey, with their own challenges, and leaves me with an ending that satisfies, but at the same time, makes me crave for the next book just to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment