Sunday, January 4, 2009

Audiobook Review: The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning


The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
Highlander Series #5

A man possessed with one good conscience and thirteen bad ones. An overly-curious student of antiquities. A love that will battle an ancient curse and a destructive future.

Having listened to the other Highlander books, I finally got my hands on the audiobook of The Dark Highlander. Since, I read this series out of order, it was actually fitting that I ended having Dageus' story as the last one, since I started with Book 4, Kiss of the Higlander, which was about Dageus’ twin, Drustan.

Dageus MacKeltar, in his quest to save his twin brother’s life, ends up being possessed by 13 evil spirits. Now, ensconced in his penthouse up high in Manhattan, he pores over ancient tomes trying to find a solution to his infernal dilemma. Enters Chloe Zanders, ever curious scholar and an expert in ancient artifacts, she finds herself in an utterly compromising situation and ends up as the mysterious Scots’ prisoner. Together, they will travel through time, and challenge powerful beings, as they seek to fight the ancient evil that is slowly stealing away Dageus’ soul.

Narrated by Phil Gigante, I enjoyed listening once again to another KMM’sHighlander book. His voice brings to life every character, the nuances, subtle but distinct, the emotions, heartfelt. Karen Marie Moning’s writes with such passion, with such clever sensual phrasings, with a prose that is almost lyrical. Her characters are so real and their challenges daunting, that the whole experience becomes a thrilling ride of thrills and adventure.

I’m sad that I’ve finished listening to all the books in the series, but she has given me many memorable characters. I highly recommend this series to any paranormal romance fan. Definitely a 5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment